Friday, June 26, 2009

school

( reminents of my high school transcript)
So its the end of the school year and everybody is lined up outide of school anxiously waiting to get their report cards, everybody's status on facebook is regarding how they passed this failed that test got this fucking score and bull shit. I am tripping on how ridiculous it all is and i go to a school that doesnt take regents but i when i got my transcript all i can feel is bad. Because some 4 standard system can judge on one fucking piece of paper my performance 10 hours a day for a the last two years. This paper according to my classmates and teachers determines the level of success i can attain. FUCK YOU.




















I excelled this year breathing, eating, socializing, skateboarding, photographing, playing music, biking, reading, thinking, and talking. And im not going to grade myself on any of these things, because there is no way to put my "performance" of these activities on a piece of paper from F,D,C,B, or A. So wholeheartedly fuck every teacher, administrator, and associate of the school system your career is based on a lie. And your all just scared of the freedom that would potentially come without standards to judge kids by and rules that would keep them in line. Without rules and grades you wouldnt exist in the form that you choose to teach now. And this "education" it follows the same formula that causes oppression in all other forms. A definite heirarchy, laws, authority, and time restrictions. Making the youth passive and oblivious to the power and energy they have that could be fueling something beautiful.

And so, Im riding home from the last day of school and i feel like im cheif bromden and im on my way to go fishing and everybody in the offices around me are suffocating and im on top of the world because theyve given me a break finally. Im laughing and smiling and i feel free, and i take a different route home. So ive decided, i will not go. I will not go anymore.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say its true. They are preparing you for the work world. that’s the non mom speaking.

Now the mom, just make sure you are very creative so you will never be hungry and can always get around. Remember that part in Upton Sinclair’s book the Hunger, when those German emigrants were dieing of hunger in Chicago? I just kept thinking to my self while I read it, "why don't they go north to Kenosha and work on a farm, where they have some control of their life?" Now I see New Yorkers just the same, don't have one penny to get away if they had to. J

Remember just always keep it creative and never fear change, basically never fear.
I love you for everything you are.